Modular homes are special kind of homes which are usually manufactured inside in a factory setting. Unlike regular homes which are built on site, modular homes are designed in doors and then constructed on the building site by assembling the various factory manufactured parts. These are also known as prefab homes.
Unlike manufactured homes, modular homes are placed on permanent foundations. You can’t move a modular home because these differ extensively from mobile homes which do not have a fixed foundation ad can be relocated according to will.
The following are a few reasons to invest in modular homes:
- Modular homes are just as valuable as other kinds of homes, they do not depreciate in value over a period of time. So if you want a home which would give you good value for money and shows little depreciation a modular home would be a great choice.
- Modular homes can be easily customized. While they are not built on site but still they can be altered according to the clients specific requests. While major changes are not possible but some changes can be made without any difficulty.
- Modular homes are built using computer aided designs, this helps make them precise and exactly in keeping with how they had been initially planned. You can expect your modular home to look just the way it does in the plan with little difference.
- There are quite a few varieties when it comes to designing modular homes. These can be both big and mall. It all depends on what the client is looking for and the number of people who would stay in the home once it’s constructed.
- Modular homes are considered to be environment friendly. This is because modular homes are constructed tighter, mainly because they are manufactured in a factory this can help prevent energy loss which usually occurs in usual homes at a higher rate.
- Self-sufficient modular homes can reduce energy bills by almost 70%. They are also powered using solar panels so this can help save electricity and lower utility bills. These homes also have better insulation thus preventing energy losses.
- Modular homes are designed using nontoxic material. Plus these are built from recycled and sustainable materials.
- These are also built faster when compared to regular homes. This helps save a great deal of time. If you are looking for a home which you can move in as soon as you can, go for a modular home.
- Modular homes are quite sturdy and can with stand fast winds up to 175kmph. On the other hand these can withstand the elements pretty well. So if you are purchasing a modular home you don’t have to worry a great deal of wear and tear.
There is a common misconception that all modular homes look alike. This is not the case. Modular homes can be customized and designed to suit the client s specifications. These homes offer hundreds of specific features like a ceramic floor, cabinetry etc. Contact the leading home builders in Brisbane for assistance in building your modular home.