Are you considering making home improvements for your home? If you are thinking about making cost effective yet aesthetic changes in the interior and exterior of your home you might consider making use of sandstone tiles.
Sandstone is a naturally occurring material and is ideal to be used in homes as well as offices. Since it is pretty much versatile it can be used in all the rooms of your home and also the outdoor landscape as well. The following are some of the creative ways of using sand stone tiles.
Sandstone tiles for indoor space
- Sandstone tiles can be used in the kitchen for designing countertops. It works well because sandstone is easy to maintain and does not stain easily. There is a lot of spilling going on in the kitchen so it is best to use a material which wouldn’t absorb the stain but would be rather easy to clean.
- It can be used in the bathrooms or even to make vanities. On the other hand it can also be used to design a backsplash in the kitchen. All you need to do is show some creativity and create designs which can be beautiful to look at.
Sandstone tiles for outdoor space
- Some landscapers make use of sand stone in creating works of art outside the home. Using a backdrop of sandstone tiles to design a hanging garden is a good idea. It adds to the natural element of the outer space and makes it look beautiful because of the depths which it creates.
- It can also be used for patios and porches. It could also be used to add layers to an outdoor puddle or pool. Some landscapers design water fountains made from sandstone tiles. There is a great deal which can be done using sandstone tiles all you need to do is to let your creativity flow.
Specialised sandstone pavers are economical and easy to install. It’s no wonder that it is a staunch favorite with homeowners and designers alike.
The following are ways in which you can ensure that sandstone tiles are maintained:
- While sandstone tiles do not require a great deal of maintenance but still it is important to clean it on a weekly basis. You can use a duster to lightly brush of the dust.
- If you have a floor designed from sandstone tiles you may want to water down the floor every once in a while to get rid of the dust on the dirt which settles into the sandstone texture.
- If you live in an area which is prone to wet weather you may want to keep the sandstone tiles dry so as to prevent the growth of algae. In order to clean the tiles to get rid of staining or any kind of heavy dirt you can make use of liquid chlorine which has been diluted with a little water.
- If your walls have a seepage problem, it’s better not to use sandstone tiles. The water may get into the sandstone and make it porous and thereby cause it to become cracked.